OMM and Outdoors Magic have teamed up to bring you three epic trail races around Cannock Chase.
Starting close to the OMM Festival Event HQ; the course will lead runners through forest, over hills and discovering new routes for all. The route will be flagged and marshalled with GPX files available for download prior to the race day. OMM’s ethos is to encourage responsible enjoyment of the countryside, as such, competitors will be expected to carry sufficient food and emergency kit for their individual requirements. There will, of course, be waterpoints along the routes. We spend the months prior to the event gaining the relevant land permissions so you can enjoy the race in the knowledge that you will be having a minimal ecological impact on this beautiful area. You’ll be cheered back into the event centre by the 1000 other competitors competing in the various other activities on offer at the festival. Events are taking place on Saturday and Sunday so why not take advantage of the free camping/campervan space for each competitor and stay for the weekend! Non competing supporters are welcome and food and drink will be available all weekend.
Location: Tackeroo Site, Cannock Chase, Nr Rugeley WS15 2UA
Date: 4th+5th May 2019
Distance: 1/2 Marathon,Full Marathon (Sat 4th May), 10km (Sun 5th May)
Elevation: 10km approx 200m, Half approx 400m, Full approx 750m
Start Time: 10:30am
FREE camping for the whole weekend with every event entry!*
Bring your friends, family and everything you need for an epic weekend.
*includes space for 1 x tent or caravan or motorhome
“Supremely well Organised”
“We will definitely be back next year”
In order to create a fair and equitable competition for each participant of the Outdoors Magic Trail Races and to guarantee the safety of the participants, these rules have been created. Any participant who breaks these rules can be disqualified from the current competition and also from future competitions.
- The Golden Rule: When a competitor has registered they must report back to the event centre in accordance with course closure times and return their timing tag. If this does not happen, it is automatically assumed that this competitor is missing and a search is instigated. If the timing tag is not returned before leaving the competition area and therefore a search is made, the resulting costs can be transferred to the competitor.
- Minimum age for all participants is 18 years.
- Competitors must follow the race route and check in at any designated checkpoints. Random checkpoints may be set up along the route to ensure this happens.
- If a participant decides to withdraw from the race, he or she must notify the closest manned checkpoint or telephone the emergency number and MUST report back to the Event HQ to return their timing tag.
- In an emergency, participants should provide assistance to other competitors.
- This is a self-sufficient race. Water stops are provided. Supporters are welcome but, to keep it fair for all must not assist competitors by providing them with food and drink on route or run alongside.
- All mandatory kit must be carried or worn at all times. A kit checklist and declaration must be signed by each participant and handed in at registration. Participants must, on request, allow their equipment to be inspected by officials.
- Race Numbers must be worn in a visible place.
- All rubbish must be disposed of correctly.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome at the event HQ but must be kept on a lead at all times. Dogs are NOT allowed to accompany competitors on the course.
- Sport Ident timing cards are issued to each team at registration (attached to the wrist). Competitors will be charged the cost of replacement (currently £35.00) for any loss or damage to these.
- The following may lead to disqualification:
- Finishing the race after the cut-off time
- Taking short cuts
- Dropping of any rubbish
- Using any means of transport during the race
- Competitors who, in the opinion of the organisers, act in such a way to bring the event into disrepute or unnecessarily endanger or disrespect other competitors, race officials or members of the public.
We’re delighted to be having this year’s trail races in the rolling hills of Cannock Chase.
The Event HQ will be located at:
Penkridge Bank Rd,
Access to parking and the Event Centre will be clearly signposted.
Parking/camping will be open from 3pm on Friday and registration from 3pm-11pm on Friday, from 7am on Saturday and between 9-11am on Sunday (10k only)
There will be a big heated marquee with plenty of seating, catering and bar. Toilets and drinking water will also be provided. We’ll also have Physiotherapy/Sports Massage available all weekend – more details to follow soon.
FOOD AND DRINK
We’re pleased to say that Matt, Fi and the team from Barrett Kitchen and Bar will be returning to this years OMM Festival. All competitors have a hot meal and drink included in their entry fee which will be served at the Event HQ at the end of each race. Vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options are available and should be requested on your entry form.
Food and a bar serving a selection of drinks will also be available all weekend (menu will be posted shortly). We try hard to encouraging recycling and sustainability and to encourage this a deposit of £1.50 for a reusable pint pot is now required when purchasing drinks from the bar.
THE OMM SHOP
As ever there will be an opportunity to stock up on race goodies. Alongside the OMM range, we will have a great selection of accessories from plenty of great brands. And of course we’ll have a few special offers, perfect for rewarding yourself after a hard weekend!
For any non competitors there are several biking and walking routes suitable for all ages right on the doorstep of the event centre.
Space for 1 x tent or campervan is included for each competitor and you will have booked this on your entry form.
Family and friends are more than welcome to come along, but there is a small charge of £15 per extra tent or campervan space. To book please email email@example.com
Camping is in the forest next to the Event HQ and you can park next to your tent. We provide toilets and drinking water. No fires or BBQ’s (other than gas) please. You can also bring your campervan or caravan, just be aware there may not be hard standing and no electric hook ups.
If you’d like to sleep in a little more luxury then you are welcome to stay in one of the many B&Bs or hotels in the area. Lots more information here.
The Event HQ is located between Stafford and Cannock to the East of the A34. Access to the Tackeroo Event Site is from the North and will be signposted.
The following is for information only you MUST check with transport provider for current timetables.
By Train. The nearest Stations, dependent on where you are travelling from are Rugeley Trent Valley and Rugeley Town, Hednesford and Cannock. The closest is approx 3 miles from the event HQ.
- Taped seam waterproof jacket (in the event of very warm weather requirement to carry this may be removed – if so competitors will be informed on the morning of the event)
- Clothing and footwear suitable for trail running
- Mobile Phone (fully charged) for use in an emergency
- Hat (this could be a buff) and gloves
- Basic first aid kit
- Cap and suncream in warm weather
- Emergency blanket or bag.
- Emergency food – minimum one muesli/power type bar or similar
This Mandatory list should be seen as a minimum requirement only. The organisers reserve the right to disqualify any competitors who, in their opinion, are not carrying the appropriate kit. You do not need to bring your kit to registration for checking, however random kit checks may be carried out at any point during the event.
All competitors are required hand a signed Kit Check List and Safety Declaration to Registration before competing
The routes will be fully marked with flags and arrow signs.
The basic outline of the routes are shown in google maps at the top of this page – please be aware that the route is subject to change as we are awaiting final permissions from Forestry Commission/land owners to ensure minimal ecological impact on the area. Thanks for your patience!
We will also provide you with a .gpx file the week prior to the event once the route is confirmed to upload to any GPS device you may have.
1/2 Trail Marathon – Saturday 4th May 2019
Elevation: Approx 400m
Map: see above.
.gpx file: will be uploaded nearer the date.
Full Trail Marathon – Saturday 4th May 2019
Elevation: Approx 750m
Map: see above.