Ever wondered what is needed to survive a gruelling 2 day Mountain Marathon held in the worst weather the UK can offer? Here you can see our recommended MM Kit list. This list should be seen as a minimum requirement only. Check the weather forecast and use your previous experience and sound judgement to decide the kit you should be wearing and carrying.
MM Kit List
OMM MANDATORY EQUIPMENT LIST
Each individual and team is responsible for being properly equipped for two days unsupported racing in exposed terrain at the end of October.
This list should be seen as a minimum requirement only. Check the weather forecast, your previous experience and use sound judgement for the kit you should be wearing and carrying. The organisers reserve the right to disqualify any competitors who, in their opinion, do not have the necessary kit to survive in an emergency situation. Cotton clothing is not suitable.
EACH COMPETITOR MUST WEAR OR CARRY THE FOLLOWING:
- Taped seams waterproof jacket with hood
- Taped seams waterproof trousers
- Clothing suitable for mountain running and walking
- Warm layer top.
- Hat (not a Buff), Gloves & socks
- Footwear suitable for fell and trail use
- Head torch capable of giving useable light for a
minimum of 12 hours
- Whistle & compass
- Map (as supplied)
- Insulated sleeping system
- First aid equipment
- Survival bag (not a sheet)
- Emergency rations (should still have at the finish line)
- Water carrying capability
- Pen/pencil for map marking (on waterproof paper) in wet conditions
- Fully charged mobile phone
Spare warm kit and insulated sleeping bag must be waterproofed (e.g. in a drybag)
EACH TEAM MUST CARRY THE FOLLOWING AT ALL TIMES:
- Cooking equipment including stove with sufficient fuel for duration of the race, plus some spare for emergency use, left at the end of the event
- Tent with sewn in groundsheet
- Food for 36 hours for two people